Welcome to the News section!
Major Concerns for Douglas and Rochestown Traffic due to proposed Carr’s Hill Interchange
Last updated on 02 Nov, 2015
We have just recently received information on the proposed layout of the new Carr’s Hill interchange. These proposals include major changes for the Maryborough Hill, Moneygourney, Clarke’s Hill areas and the Rochestown Road.
Local Councillors were only presented with these proposals on October 16th. The information that we have to date is vague and we have requested detailed maps and plans. The significant changes that we are aware of to date are as follows;
- The permanent closure of the on ramp at Maryborough Hill.
- The permanent closure of the off ramp at Mount Oval.
- An upgrade to the as yet unopened residential road at Maryborough Ridge, including the incomplete roundabout currently there.
- A link road connecting Carr’s Hill Interchange to Maryborough Hill.
- A right turn lane at the junction of Rochestown Road and Clarkes Hill
I believe these proposals cannot go ahead in their current format. It is obvious that no consideration or regard has been given to the large residential population and commuters that will be impacted by the proposed changes. It is vital that residents associations, individuals and groups get actively involved and in the public consultation process. A public meeting will be held in Maryborough House Hotel on Monday 9th November from 4pm to 8pm. The project team will be in attendance to provide information and answer questions in relation to the proposals to upgrade the N28 to Motorway status.
Alternatively I would be delighted to hear any feedback, concerns or queries that you may have on these proposals so that we can present them on your behalf.